The Air Traffic Management (ATM) market is projected to grow at a CAGR 11.48% rate during the forecast period. Increasing global airport investments and upgradation of ATM systems are expected to drive the growth of the market.
The Aeronautical Information Management (AIM) segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Growth of this segment can be attributed to the real-time aeronautical information that is supplied in the form of data and is updated regularly for safe, efficient, and economical ATM.
The commercial segment is estimated to account for the largest share of the market. Due to higher commercial air traffic and extensive use of ATM systems for day to day commercial air travel, along with timely upgradations of these systems are the drivers for the commercial segment.
The software segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of this segment can be attributed to the increasing automation in air traffic management which will require advanced software algorithms.
The brownfield segment is projected to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period. Growth of this segment can be attributed to the higher investments in modernizing, renovating, and upgrading existing airports in both, emerging and developed economies.
The air traffic management market has been studied for North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, and Rest of the World (includes Africa and Latin America). Asia Pacific is estimated to account for largest share of the global market in 2018. Air traffic in the Asia Pacific has been growing at a high rate, which has led to the demand for more airports and modernization of existing ones. China is the largest market in this region, followed by India. Rise in air passenger traffic has led to the introduction of new airlines, which has led to an increase in the number of aircraft deliveries, which is simultaneously expected to boost the market in this region. Asia Pacific is expected to continue to lead the market during the forecast period.
Key market players in the include Thales Group (France), Raytheon Company (US), Indra Sistemas, S.A. (Spain), Harris Corporation (US), Northrop Grumman Corporation (US), Honeywell International, Inc. (US), BAE Systems PLC (UK), and Saab AB (Sweden), among others.
Key Questions addressed by the report
- What will be the impact of regulations on the ATM market?
- How will region wise programs for ATM (Single European Sky, OneSKY, and NextGen) disrupt the industry?
- How are the market players in industry addressing challenges, such as Rise in cyber threats in Air Traffic Management?
- How are changing demands of customers impacting the competitive landscape?
- What will impact leading market players €™ wallet share in the next 5 years?
- What is helping the top players in the market to sustain and grow their market share?
- How will increasing airport investments affect the market?
2. Research Methodology
Limitation and Assumptions
3. Executive Overview
4. Market Overview
5. Air Traffic Management, By End Use
6. Air Traffic Management, By Component
7. Air Traffic Management Market, By Investment Type
8. Air Traffic Management, By Airspace
Aeronautical Information Management
Air Traffic Flow Management
Air Traffic Services
9. Air Traffic Management, By Region
Rest of Europe
Rest of APAC
Rest of Middle East
Rest of the World
10. Company Profiles
Indra Sistemas, S.A.
Honeywell International, Inc.
BAE Systems PLC.
Advanced Navigation and Positioning
Northrop Grumman Corporation