The aircraft sensors market is projected to grow at a CAGR 3.48% rate during the forecast period. The market is segmented based on platform, sensor type, connectivity, application, fit, and region. Factors that are expected to fuel the growth of the market are the development of advanced sensors and the high rate of adoption of wireless sensors for commercial and military purposes.
The fixed-wing aircraft segment is projected to lead the market during the forecast period. Increase in the number of air passengers, especially from the emerging economies, is expected to have a significant impact on the commercial aviation market. The increasing demand for fixed-wing aircraft, which are widely used for air travel, is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
The demand of wireless sensors is expected to drive the market for aircraft sensors during the forecast period. The global market is dominated by the wired sensors segment and the market size for wireless sensors for aircraft will increase based on the increasing demand for lightweight aircraft.
The Asia Pacific aircraft sensors market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR and will lead the market during the forecast period. The aviation industry is growing at a significant pace in the Asia Pacific region, mainly driven by increasing air passenger traffic. The increase in disposable income and growth in air passenger traffic have resulted in a growing demand for new aircraft deliveries in this region, which, in turn, boosts the demand for aircraft sensors. For example, in 2018, the Shanghai-based aircraft manufacturer, Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China (COMAC) received orders of up to 600 C919 jumbo jets from 24 domestic buyers, including Air China, China Southern, China Eastern, Hainan Airlines, and Sichuan Airlines. Countries such as Russia, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific are included in this regional market.
Key Market Players include Honeywell International, Inc. (US), TE Connectivity Ltd. (Switzerland), Ametek, Inc. (US), General Electric Company (US), Meggitt PLC (UK), Safran S.A. (France), Woodward Inc. (US), Thales Group (France), and Zodiac Aerospace (France).
Key Questions Addressed by the Report
- What are your views on the growth perspective of the market? What are the key dynamics and trends such as drivers and opportunities that govern the market?
- What are the key sustainability strategies adopted by leading players operating in the market?
- What are the new emerging technologies and use cases disrupting the aircraft sensors industry?
- Which are the key applications where aircraft sensors are playing a significant role?
- What are the key trends and opportunities in the market across different regions and respective countries?
- Who are the key players and innovators in the partnership ecosystem?
- How is the competitive landscape changing the client ecosystem and impacting their revenue share?
2. Research Methodology
Limitation and Assumptions
3. Executive Overview
4. Market Overview
5. Aircraft Sensors Market, By Application
Doors & Slides, Cross Market By Sensor Type
Flight Deck & Flight Controls, Cross Market By Sensor Type
Fuel, Hydraulic, & Pneumatic Systems, Cross Market By Sensor Type
Engines, Cross Market By Sensor Type
Cabin & Cargo Environmental Controls, Cross Market By Sensor Type
Landing Gear, Wheels, & Brakes, Cross Market By Sensor Type
6. Aircraft Sensors Market, By End Use
7. Aircraft Sensors Market, By Sensor Type
Position & Displacement Sensors
Global Positioning System (GPS) Sensors
8. Aircraft Sensors Market, By Platform
Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV)
9. Aircraft Sensors Market, By Connectivity
10. Aircraft Sensors Market, By Region
Rest of Europe
Rest of APAC
Rest of Middle East
Rest of the World
11. Company Profiles
TE Connectivity Ltd.
General Electric Company
Honeywell International Inc.
UTC Aerospace Systems
Safran Electronics & Defense
Esterline Technologies Corporation
The Raytheon Company