The Global Automotive Lighting Market is projected to grow at a CAGR 4.19% from 2021 to 2026. Increase in premium and SUV sales, and advancements in lighting technology. LED light technology is estimated to grow at the fastest CAGR. Premium vehicles are installed typically with LED lights due to their numerous benefits such as low power consumption, more adaptive features, and high aesthetic value and increasing in number of newly manufactured vehicles installed with LED lighting systems.
Automotive lighting for the passenger car segment is estimated to be the largest market. Penetration of advanced lighting in the passenger vehicle segment is higher in comparison to other vehicles, including LCVs, buses, and trucks. The rising sales of passenger vehicles, coupled with the willingness of consumers to pay more for cars, are expected to drive the market in this segment. The global passenger vehicle production is expected to increase from 59.8 million units in 2018 to 61.4 million units in 2019.
Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the largest market in the global market due to rapid consumer adoption and high sales of automobiles. China and Japan garnered the largest shares within the market due to the high production & sales of vehicles. Additionally, manufacturers in these countries focus on technological advancements, including lighting, thus, driving the demand for automotive lighting.
Key Market Players include are Hella (Germany), Marelli (Italy), Osram (Germany), Valeo (France), Continental (Germany), Philips (Netherlands), Bosch (Germany), Varroc (India), Hyundai Mobis (South Korea), Koito (Japan), Denso (Japan), North American Lighting (US), and Renesas (Japan).
Key Questions addressed by the report
- What is the scenario of the automotive lighting market in different regions (Europe/North America /Asia Pacific/Brazil/Russia)?
- Which of the adaptive lighting applications (On/Off, bending/curve, high beam assist, headlight leveling, rear adaptive, ambient light) will fare ahead of the others?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the automotive lighting market?
- What opportunities and threats are faced by the automotive lighting market vendors?
- What are the key factors driving the global automotive lighting industry?
- What are the key challenges for the seamless growth of the automotive lighting market?
- What strategic initiatives are being implemented by the key players for business growth?
- What are the M&A activities that have transpired in the last five years in this market, and what impact have they had on the industry?
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Study Scope
1.3. Study Period
1.4. Market Stakeholders
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Secondary Research
2.2. Primary Research
2.3. Research Design
2.4. Data Validation
2.5. Limitations and Assumptions
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1.Increase in Demand for Premium Segment Vehicles
4.1.2.Lighting Regulations for Better Visibility and Safety
4.1.3.High Demand for Adaptive Lighting
4.2.1.Partnership Between Automotive OEMs and Lighting System Manufacturers
4.2.2.Evolution of New Technologies
4.3.1.Volatility of Raw Material Prices
4.3.2.Increase in Competition From Local Companies Offering Counterfeit/Retrofit Solutions
4.3.3.Less Penetration of Advanced Lighting in Commercial Vehicle Segment
5. Automotive Lighting Market, By Technology
6. Automotive Lighting Market, By Application
6.1. Exterior Lighting
6.1.3.Daytime running lights (DRL)
6.1.5.Center high-mount stop light (CHMSL)
6.2. Interior Lighting Market
7. Automotive Lighting Market, By Adaptive Lighting
7.1. Front Adaptive Lighting
7.2. Rear Adaptive Lighting
7.3. Ambient Lighting
8. Automotive Lighting Market, By Vehicle Type
8.1. Passenger Car
8.2. Light Commercial Vehicle
9. Automotive Lighting Market, By Technology
10. Automotive Lighting Market, By Technology
11. Automotive Lighting Market, By Region
11.1. Asia Pacific
11.1.3. South Korea
11.3. North America
11.4. Rest of the World (RoW)
11.4.2. South Africa
12. Company Profiles
12.1. Hella KgaaHueck& Co.
12.2. Valeo S.A.
12.3. Osram GmbH
12.4. Continental AG
12.5. Hyundai Mobis
12.6. Ichikoh Industries, Ltd.
12.7. Magneti Marelli
12.8. Koito Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
12.9. Stanley Electric Co., Ltd.
12.10. Koninklijke Philips N.V.
12.11. Robert Bosch GmbH
12.12. ZizalaLichtsysteme GmbH
12.13. Nxp Semiconductors
12.14. Aptiv Plc
12.15. Grupo Antolin
12.16. Federal-Mogul Corporation
*Company introduction, financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis
13. Conclusion and Recommendations
14.2. Related Reports