The electric vehicle supply equipment market is projected to grow at a CAGR 32.68% rate during the forecast period. Increasing investments made by governments across the globe to develop charging infrastructure creates opportunities for OEMs to expand their revenue stream and geographical presence. The European market is projected to experience steady growth, owing to the well-developed infrastructure for electric vehicles, while the North American market is the fastest growing market due to the innovative charging solutions. However, the high costs involved in initial investment, overhaul, and maintenance could hamper the growth of this market.
Portable charger segment is estimated to be the fastest growing market during the forecast period. With portable chargers, EV drivers could carry the charger with them and charge the car whenever needed. Additionally, a portable charger eliminates the high cost associated with a fixed stationary charging station. Initially, portable chargers were introduced as small and light chargers that could generate sufficient power for short journeys. However, new advanced portable chargers are expected to generate the same power as a stationary charging station.
The North American market is expected to register the fastest growth during the forecast period. The electric vehicle supply equipment industry in the country is inclined toward innovation, technology, and development of advanced charging infrastructure. The increasing demand for reducing carbon emission and developing more advanced and fast charging stations are expected to propel the market growth. Tesla, Leviton, and ChargePoint are some of the key players in the US electric vehicle supply equipment industry.
Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest market during the forecast period. Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest market, followed by Europe. The increasing concerns of carbon emission due to existing vehicles and the efficiency in this mode of transport have led the authorities to develop a charging infrastructure network that has propelled the growth of this market. Government initiatives have encouraged the key players to develop the infrastructure for charging network.
Key Market Players include Tesla (US), ABB (Switzerland), Siemens (Germany), and Bosch (Germany).
· Do you know who the front leaders are and what strategies have been adopted by them?
· Fast paced developments in EV charging such as turbo charging, novel battery, and smart charging system by leading manufacturers are expected to change the dynamics of electric vehicle charging. How will this transform the overall market?
· The industry is focusing on quick and efficient charging of electric buses. Which leading companies are working on off-board top-down pantograph and on-board bottom-up pantograph, and what organic and inorganic strategies have been adopted by them?
· Who are the major players in the electric vehicle charging ecosystem.
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Study Scope
1.3. Study Period
1.4. Market Stakeholders
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Secondary Research
2.2. Primary Research
2.3. Research Design
2.4. Data Validation
2.5. Limitations and Assumptions
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1.Heavy Investments From Automakers in EVs
3.1.2.Government Policies and Subsidies
3.1.3.Environmental Pollution Treated as an Alarming Issue
3.1.4.Demand for Increasing Vehicle Range Per Charge
3.2.1.High Initial Cost of EVs in Comparison With Ice Vehicles
3.2.2.Stringent Rules for Installation of Charging Stations
3.2.3.Lack of Standardization in Charging Infrastructure
3.3.1.Use of Vehicle-To-Grid (V2G) EV Charging Stations for Electric Vehicles
3.3.2.EV Charging Stations Powered By Renewable Sources
4. Executive Summary
5. Industry Trends
5.1. Turbo-Charging for EV
5.2. Terra HP Charge System
5.3. Smart Charging System
6. Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment Market, By Charging Level
6.1. Level 1 (120 V)
6.2. Level 2 (240 V)
6.3. Level 3 (200 V–600 V)
7. Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment Market, By Charging Station Type
7.1. Normal Charging
7.2. Super Charging
7.3. Inductive Charging
8. Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment Market, By Application
9. Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment Market, By Charging Infrastructure Type
9.3. Normal Charge
9.4. Tesla Supercharger
9.5. Type-2 (IEC 62196)
10. Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment Market, By Electric Bus Charging
10.1. Off-Board Top-Down Pantograph
10.2. On-Board Bottom-Up Pantograph
10.3. Charging Via Connector
11. Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment Market, By Installation Type
11.1. Portable Charger
11.2. Fixed Charger
12. Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment Market, By Region
12.1. Asia Pacific
12.1.4. South Korea
12.2.3. The Netherlands
12.2.6. United Kingdom
12.3. North America
13. Company Profiles
13.2. BYD Auto
13.4. Schneider Electric
13.8. Blink Charging
13.12. New Motion B.V
*Company introduction, financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis
14. Conclusion and Recommendations
15.2. Related Reports