The Electric Vertical Take-off and Landing (eVTOL) Aircraft Market is projected to grow at a CAGR 18.69% rate from 2021 to 2026. The need to increase operational efficiency, reduction in human intervention for intercity and intracity transportation using eVTOLs, and growing investment activities around the world are key factors expected to drive the market growth.
The vectored thrust segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period owing to the higher endurance and efficiency provided by this technology to eVTOL aircraft. In addition to this, increasing investments from various manufacturers for the use of eVTOL aircraft in commercial applications, such as air taxi, passenger air travel, cargo transportation, and air ambulance, are driving the growth of this segment.
The electric battery segment is projected to lead the market during the forecast period. The growth of this segment can be attributed to the development of various eVTOL aircraft by prominent market players. These aircraft are in the flight-testing phase and are expected to get commercialized by the year 2026. This commercialization will enable the companies to generate a huge amount of contracts and partnerships with taxi service providers from 2026.
The Asia Pacific eVTOL aircraft market is projected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period. The market growth in this region can be attributed to increased investments by leading eVTOL and drone manufacturers to develop urban air mobility for commercial applications. Advancements in the manufacturing capability of the region's emerging economies will drive the market. Additionally, the ever-increasing trend of automation and globalization in Asia Pacific countries is fueling the growth of this regional market.
Key Market Players include Kitty Hawk (US), Lilium (Germany), EHang (China), Volocopter (Germany), Bell Helicopter (US), and A3 by Airbus (US).
- How will the drivers, challenges, and future opportunities for the eVTOL aircraft market affect its dynamics and the subsequent market analysis of the associated trends?
- What are the key sustainability strategies adopted by leading players operating in the market?
- What are the upcoming disrupters in this market that can be potential targets for partnerships/mergers?
- Who are the top players operating in this market?
- Which are the new geographies that can be potential revenue pockets for the eVTOL aircraft market?
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Study Scope
1.3. Study Period
1.4. Market Stakeholders
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Secondary Research
2.2. Primary Research
2.3. Research Design
2.4. Data Validation
2.5. Limitations and Assumptions
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1.Increasing Road Traffic Congestion in Urban Areas
4.1.2.Need for Quick Transportation
4.2.1.Need for Mro and Charging Stations at Vertiports
4.2.2.Increasing Number of eVTOL Aircraft Pilots
4.3.2.Social Acceptance By Consumers
5. Industry Trends
5.1. Artificial intelligence
5.2. Big data analytics
6. eVTOL Aircraft Market, By Lift Technology
6.1. Vectored Thrust
6.3. Lift Plus Cruise
6.4. Electric Rotorcraft
7. eVTOL Aircraft Market, By Application
8. eVTOL Aircraft Market, By Type of Propulsion
8.1. Fully Electric
8.3. Electric Hydrogen
9. eVTOL Aircraft Market, By Mtow
9.1. Less than 250 Kilograms
9.2. 250-500 Kilograms
9.3. 500-1,500 Kilograms
9.4. 1,500 Kilograms and Above
10. eVTOL Aircraft Market, By Mode of Operation
10.1. Optionally Piloted
11. eVTOL Aircraft Market, By Range
11.1. 0-200 Km
11.2. 200–500 Km
12. eVTOL Aircraft Market, By Region
12.1. North America
12.2.8. The Netherlands
12.3. Asia Pacific
12.3.4. New Zealand
12.3.6. South Korea
12.4. Middle East
12.5. Latin America
13. Company Profiles
13.1. A³ By Airbus
13.2. Aurora Flight Sciences
13.9. Bell Helicopter
13.10. Neva Aerospace
13.12. Kitty Hawk
13.13. Joby Aviation
13.14. Karem Aircraft
13.15. Lift Aircraft
*Company introduction, financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis
14. Conclusion and Recommendations
15.2. Related Reports