The global body in white market for automotive is projected to grow at a CAGR 1.59% rate from 2021 to 2026. Increasing global vehicle production of passenger cars, electric vehicles, light commercial vehicles and medium & heavy commercial vehicles along with a reduction in the vehicle weight to meet the fuel economy and emission standards are expected to boost the market. However, the high cost of manufacturing methods is considered as a restraining factor for the growth in the market.
Electric vehicles sales segment is estimated to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period. Increasing electric vehicle sales is another driver for the BIW revenue growth, as these vehicles require lightweight solutions in the form of material as well as manufacturing methods to achieve higher mileage by the battery. Majority of the BIW component manufacturers have introduced new lightweight solutions for their customers, which are in line with the electric vehicles manufacturing safety standards.
Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest market during the forecast period. This market has witnessed rapid year-on-year growth, even with a slowdown in the production of passenger cars; however, the other vehicle segments have been steadily growing, and there is no adverse impact on the market revenue with the increase in the adoption of lightweight solutions.
Europe is estimated to be the fastest-growing market during the forecast period. Germany is expected to lead the market due to the presence of large automakers and focus on R&D on new technology. The massive sales of electric vehicles in the region coupled with the projected boost in sales due to the presence of supporting regulations towards the manufacture and use of these automobiles is expected to subsequently drive the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Key market players include Gestamp Automoción (Spain), Voestalpine Group (Austria), Magna (Canada), Benteler International (Austria), CIE Automotive (Spain), Tower International (US), Martinrea International (Canada), Aisin Seiki (Japan), KIRCHHOFF Automotive (Germany), Dura Automotive (US), Thyssenkrupp (Germany), and JBM Auto (India).
· Many component manufacturers are expanding the market through expansions into other markets; how will this help the market grow?
· How will developments in passenger cars, light commercial vehicles, medium & heavy commercial vehicles by leading manufacturers will change the dynamics of this market?
· The industry is focusing on light-weighting in electric vehicles and ICE vehicles. Which are the leading companies who are working light-weighting for electric vehicles, and what organic and inorganic strategies have been adopted by them?
· Who are the major players in the market
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Study Scope
1.3. Study Period
1.4. Market Stakeholders
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Secondary Research
2.2. Primary Research
2.3. Research Design
2.4. Data Validation
2.5. Limitations and Assumptions
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
5. Global Body in White Market, By Vehicle Type
5.1. Passenger Cars
5.2. Light Commercial Vehicles
5.3. Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles
5.4. Electric Vehicle (Passenger Cars)
6. Global Body in White Market, By Construction
6.1. Frame Mounted
7. Global Body in White Market, By Manufacturing Method
7.1. Cold Stamping
7.2. Hot Stamping
7.3. Roll Forming
8. Global Body in White Market, By Material
9. Global Body in White Market, By Region
9.3. North America
9.4. Rest of the World
10. Company Profiles
10.1. Gestamp Automoción
10.2. Tower International
10.3. Martinrea International
10.4. Benteler International
10.5. Voestalpine Group
10.6. Cie Automotive
10.7. Magna International
10.8. Aisin Seiki
10.9. KIRCHHOFF Automotive
10.10. JBM Auto
10.11. Thyssenkrupp Group
10.12. Dura Automotive
*Company introduction, financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis
11. Conclusion and Recommendations
12.2. Related Reports