The industrial oils market is estimated to grow at high speed. The biodiesel industry is projected to be a major revenue generator for industrial oils manufacturers in the coming years due to its reduced environmental impact. In addition, the industrial sector in the emerging countries of the Asia Pacific region is growing with countries such as China and India, which are the hub of industrial oils, due to the expanding chemical, biodiesel, and cosmetics industries.
The palm segment is projected to dominate the industrial oils market during the forecast period. The market in the Asia Pacific region witnesses high growth in Indonesia and Malaysia, which supply over 85% of the global palm oil. This offers growth opportunities to palm oil manufacturers in these countries as they can export as well as utilize for domestic usage in industries such as biofuels.
The grade I (light) segment is projected to dominate the industrial oils market during the forecast period. The cosmetics & personal care and pharmaceutical industries utilize grade I (light) industrial oil. The cosmetics & personal care industry is witnessing significant growth in countries such as Brazil and China.
Increasing demand from the biodiesel sector is projected to drive the industrial oils market in the Asia Pacific. Biodiesel is used as an alternative fuel for diesel engines. It attracts the attention of the users due to its renewability, purity, and low exhaust pollution. Biodiesel is produced from a variety of oilseeds. In the European region, rapeseed oil is mainly used for the production of biodiesel, whereas in the US, soybeans are dominant biodiesel feedstock. Biodiesel has significantly lower emission levels than petroleum-based diesel when it is burned, whether used in its pure form or blended with petroleum diesel. It does not contribute to a net rise in the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and also minimizes the intensity of greenhouse effects. In developing countries, the demand for biodiesel is increasing due to the higher availability of land, favorable climatic conditions for agriculture, and lower labor costs.
Key players include Cargill (US), Bunge Limited (Netherlands), Wilmar International (Singapore), Louis Dreyfus Company B.V. (Netherlands), Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) (US), Buhler Group (Switzerland), CHS Inc. (US), Ag Processing Inc (US), A&A Fratelli Parodi Spa (Italy), Gemtek Products (US), AAK Kamani (India), and Soya Mills SA (Greece).
Key Questions Addressed by the Report
· What are the new product areas for industrial oils that the companies are exploring?
· Which are the key players in the industrial oils market and how intense is the competition?
· What kind of competitors and stakeholders would industrial oils companies be interested in? What will be their go-to-market strategy for this market, and which emerging market will be of significant interest?
· How are the current R&D activities and M&A’s in the industrial oils market projected to create a disrupting environment in the coming years?
· What will be the level of impact on the revenues of stakeholders due to the benefits of industrial oils compared to different stakeholders, in terms of, rising revenue, environmental regulatory compliance, and sustainable profits for the suppliers?
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Study Scope
1.3. Study Period
1.4. Market Stakeholders
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Secondary Research
2.2. Primary Research
2.3. Research Design
2.4. Data Validation
2.5. Limitations and Assumptions
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1. Increasing Demand From the Biodiesel Sector
3.1.2. Massive Industrial Growth in Asia Pacific and the Middle East & Africa
3.2.1. Price Fluctuations of Raw Materials
3.2.2. High Capital Investments in Extractions
3.2.3. New Entrants in the Market
3.2.4. High Dependence on Oil Imports, Leading to the High Cost of End Products
3.3.1. Rising Trends of Bio-Based Industrial Oil Usage
3.3.2. Rapid Adoption of Vegetable Oils in Various Industrial Applications
4. Executive Summary
5. Market for Industrial Oils, By Source
6. Market for Industrial Oils, By Type
6.1. Grade I (Light)
6.2. Grade II (Medium)
6.3. Grade III (Heavy)
7. Market for Industrial Oils, By End Use
7.2. Paints & Coating
7.3. Cosmetics & Personal Care
8. Market for Industrial Oils, By Region
8.1. North America
8.2.6. Rest of Europe
8.3. Asia Pacific
8.3.4. Australia & New Zealand
8.3.5. Rest of Asia Pacific
8.4. Rest of the World
8.4.1. South America
8.4.2. Middle East & Africa
9. Company Profiles
9.2. Bunge Limited
9.3. Wilmar International
9.4. Louis Dreyfus Company
9.5. Archer Daniels Midland
9.6. Bühler Group
9.7. CHS Inc.
9.8. AG Processing Inc
9.9. A&A Fratelli Parodi Spa
9.10. Gemtek Products
9.11. AAK Kamani Private Limited
9.12. Soya Mills S.A.
10. Conclusion and Recommendations
11.2. Related Reports