Rise in the number of women joining workforce post giving birth, the inability of mothers to lactate, and parents seeking additional sources of nutrition for their babies are among the key factors expected to boost sales of infant formula ingredients in the years to come. Apart from this, infant formula ingredients manufacturers have invested in R&D, which is further expected to drive the growth of the infant formula ingredients industry in the years to come.
The cow milk segment is projected to dominate the market during the forecast period. Cow milk-based ingredients find wide scale usage across Europe and North America regions owing to its acceptance as a cost-effective manufacturing process, and cow milk-based ingredients are available in bulk.
The powder segment is projected to dominate the market during the forecast period. Infant formula ingredients are commonly used in the powdered form, owing to its ease of handling compared to liquid infant formula ingredients. Several types of infant formula ingredients such as carbohydrates, proteins, some fats, and prebiotics are commonly used in powdered form by infant formula manufacturers.
Extensive R & D by companies operating in the infant formula market. Manufacturers involved in the infant formula ingredients market are consistently engaged in R&D to develop ingredients as per consumer’s expectations.
Key market players include AAK AB (Sweden), Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited (New Zealand), Carbery Food Ingredients Limited (Ireland), Royal Friesland Campina N.V. (Netherlands), Sachsenmilch Leppersdorf GmbH (Germany), BASF SE (Germany), Koninklijke DSM N.V. (Netherlands), Arla Foods amba (Denmark), Chr. Hansen Holdings A/S (Denmark), Kerry Group plc (Ireland), Lactalis Ingredients (France), Glanbia plc (Ireland), and Vitablend Nederland B.V. (Netherlands).
Key questions addressed by the report
· What are the new application areas the infant formula ingredients companies are exploring?
· Which are the key players in the infant formula ingredients market and how intense is the competition?
· What kind of competitors and stakeholders, such as infant formula companies, would be interested in this market? What will be their go-to-market strategy, and which emerging market will be of significant interest?
· How are the current R&D activities and M&A’s in the infant formula ingredients market projected to create a disrupting environment in the coming years?
· What will be the level of impact, on the revenues of stakeholders, of the benefits of infant formula ingredients to different stakeholders‒‒from rising revenue, environmental regulatory compliance, to sustainable profits for the suppliers?
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Study Scope
1.3. Study Period
1.4. Market Stakeholders
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Secondary Research
2.2. Primary Research
2.3. Research Design
2.4. Data Validation
2.5. Limitations and Assumptions
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1. Asia Pacific: A Key Revenue Generator in the Years to Come
3.1.2. Rise in the Infant Population
3.1.3. Extensive R&D By Companies Operating in the Infant Formula Ingredients Market
3.2.1. Strict Regulations for Infant Formulas in China
3.2.2. Cases of Contamination Found in Infant Formulas
3.3.1. Shift in Preference for Plant-Based Infant Formula Ingredients
3.3.2. Alternate Animal Milk Sources Coming Up in the Market
4. Executive Summary
5. Infant Formula Ingredients Market, By Ingredient Type
5.2.1. Whey proteins
5.2.2. Casein proteins
5.2.3. Plant proteins
5.5. Oils & Fats
6. Infant Formula Ingredients Market, By Source
6.1. Cow Milk
6.3. Protein Hydrolysate
7. Infant Formula Ingredients Market, By Form
7.2. Liquid & Semi Liquid
8. Infant Formula Ingredients Market, By Application
8.1. Growing Up Formula
8.2. Standard Infant Formula
8.3. Follow-on Formula
8.4. Specialty Formula
9. Infant Formula Ingredients Market, By Region
9.1. North America
9.2.1. The Netherlands
9.2.6. Rest of Europe
9.3. Asia Pacific
9.3.5. Australia & New Zealand
9.3.6. South Korea
9.3.7. Rest of Asia Pacific
9.4. Rest of the World
9.4.1. South America
9.4.2. The Middle East & Africa
10. Company Profiles
10.1. AAK AB
10.2. Fonterra Co-Operative Group Limited
10.3. Carbery Food Ingredients Limited
10.4. Royal Friesland Campina N.V.
10.5. BASF SE
10.6. Koninklijke DSM N.V.
10.7. Arla Foods Amba
10.8. Chr. Hansen Holdings A/S
10.9. Kerry Group PLC
10.10. Lactalis Ingredients
10.11. Glanbia PLC
10.12. Vitablend Nederland B.V
11. Conclusion and Recommendations
12.2. Related Reports