The proanthocyanidins market is estimated to see rapid growth in upcoming years. Increasing preference for products with natural ingredients, rising demand for functional food & beverage products, and growing application in the personal and cosmetic industries are some of the factors driving the growth of the proanthocyanidins market.
The type A segment in the market is projected to be the fastest-growing segment as it is used in various applications such as pharmaceuticals, personal care, cosmetics, and food supplements. Leading players such as Naturex (France) and Nexira (France) offer various type A proanthocyanidins that cater to pharmaceutical and personal care applications.
The cranberry segment is projected to account for the largest market share in the market for proanthocyanidins during the forecast period as it offers several health benefits that make it a versatile ingredient for use in the food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care industries. Type A proanthocyanidins derived from cranberries have a unique molecular structure that exhibits potent bacterial antiadhesion activities, which help in maintaining personal hygiene.
The pharmaceuticals & dietary supplements segment is estimated to account for the largest market share, followed by the functional food & beverages and personal care & cosmetics segments. With the rise in the aging population, consumers are becoming more conscious and aware of various diseases that can be prevented by consuming natural foods and supplements. This concern has driven the growth of the pharmaceuticals & dietary supplements segment in the proanthocyanidins market.
North America is the fastest-growing market for proanthocyanidins; it is projected to record the highest CAGR during the forecast period. North America is a large consumer of proanthocyanidins. The rise in the aging population, increased the consumption of healthy food, and growing demand for pharmaceuticals are the major factors driving the market in North America.
Key market players include Naturex (France), Indena SPA (Italy), Nexira Inc. (France), Polyphenolics (US), Xian Yuensun Biological Technology Co.,Ltd. (China), Natac (China), Eevia Health (Finland), Fruit D'or (Canada), Scott Laboratories (US), Elementa Food Ingredients (France), and Changsha Botaniex Inc. (China).
Key Questions Addressed by the Report
· What are the new application areas for the market that companies are exploring?
· Who are some of the key players operating in the market and how intense is the competition?
· What kind of competitors and stakeholders would be interested in this market? What will be their go-to-market strategy, and which emerging market will be of significant interest?
· How are the current R&D activities and M&A’s in the proanthocyanidins market projected to create a disrupting environment in the coming years?
· What will be the level of impact of new product launches on the revenues of stakeholders, due to the benefits offered by proanthocyanidins, such as increasing revenue, environmental regulatory compliance, and sustainable profits for the suppliers?
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Study Scope
1.3. Study Period
1.4. Market Stakeholders
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Secondary Research
2.2. Primary Research
2.3. Research Design
2.4. Data Validation
2.5. Limitations and Assumptions
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1. Various Health and Therapeutic Benefits Offered By Proanthocyanidins
3.1.2. Growing Demand for Dietary Supplements and Functional Food & Beverage Products
3.1.3. Increasing Applications in the Personal Care and Cosmetic Industries
3.2.1. High Cost of Proanthocyanidins
3.2.2. Availability of Substitutes
3.3.1. Research & Development Activities to Identify New Sources of Proanthocyanidins
3.3.2. Rise in the Launches of Functional Products Containing Proanthocyanidins
4. Executive Summary
5. Proanthocyanidins Market, By Source
5.3. Pine Bark
6. Proanthocyanidins Market, By Type
6.1. Type A
6.2. Type B
7. Proanthocyanidins Market, By Application
7.1. Pharmaceuticals & Dietary Supplements
7.2. Functional Foods & Beverages
7.3. Personal Care & Cosmetics
8. Proanthocyanidins Market, By Region
8.1. North America
8.2.6. Rest of Europe
8.3. Asia Pacific
8.3.4. Australia & New Zealand
8.3.5. Rest of Asia Pacific
8.4. Rest of the World
8.4.1. South America
8.4.2. Middle East & Africa
9. Company Profiles
9.2. Indena Spa
9.4. Fruit D'or
9.5. Scott Laboratories Inc.
9.7. Xi’an Yuensun Biological Technology Co., Ltd.
9.8. Natac Group
9.9. Eevia Health
9.10. Botaniex Inc.
9.11. Indofine Chemicals Company, Inc.
9.12. Artemis International Inc.
10. Conclusion and Recommendations
11.2. Related Reports