The protective culture market is estimated to see a high rise in coming years. The increasing consumption of dairy products and the increasing consumer awareness about clean label products and their advantages are among the key factors driving the growth of the protective food cultures market.
The freeze-dried segment in the protective cultures market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Protective cultures are highly unstable during storage and need to be preserved well to extend their shelf life. Freeze-dried protective cultures are considered the most convenient form for their application in various industries.
The yeast & molds segment is projected to dominate the protective cultures market during the forecast period. Microorganisms are recorded as the major contaminants that degrade food products. Fermented products are more prone to spoilage by microorganisms. The common spoilage microorganisms include yeasts, molds, and bacteria.
The dairy & dairy products segment is expected to dominate the food & beverage protective cultures market due to the wide consumption of dairy products such as cheese, yogurt, and butter across the globe. The cheese industry is also one of the major application areas of protective cultures. Companies such as Chr Hansen and DuPont Danisco have a significant presence in the dairy & dairy products segment with a wide array of dairy protective cultures.
Europe accounted for the largest share of the protective cultures market. The dominant status of Europe can be attributed to the strong dairy industry in the region. . The strong demand for milk products in the global market and the decision to increase output have had a positive impact on the European dairy market. The support from the European dairy market has played a key role in driving the growth of the protective cultures market.
Key players in this market include Chr Hansen (Denmark), DowDuPont (US), Sacco S.R.L (Italy), CSK Food Enrichment B.V. (Netherlands), THT S.A. (Belgium), Dalton Biotechnologies (Italy), Biochem S.R.L (Italy), Meat Cracks Technology GmbH (Germany), Royal DSM N.V. (Netherlands), Bioprox (France), Aristomenis D. Phikas & Co SA. (Greece), and Soyuzsnab Group of Companies (Russia).
Key Questions Addressed by the Report
· What are the new application areas for the protective cultures market that companies are exploring?
· Who are some of the key players operating in the protective cultures and how intense is the competition?
· What kind of competitors and stakeholders would be interested in this market? What will be their go-to-market strategy, and which emerging market will be of significant interest?
· How are the current R&D activities and M&A’s in the protective cultures projected to create a disrupting environment in the coming years?
· What will be the level of impact of new product launches on the revenues of stakeholders, due to the benefits offered by protective cultures market, such as increasing revenue, environmental regulatory compliance, and sustainable profits for the suppliers?
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Study Scope
1.3. Study Period
1.4. Market Stakeholders
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Secondary Research
2.2. Primary Research
2.3. Research Design
2.4. Data Validation
2.5. Limitations and Assumptions
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1. Increasing Demand for Natural, Preservative-Free Product
3.1.2. Technological Developments to Promote Protective Cultures
3.1.3. Demand for Extending the Shelf Life of Perishable Products
3.1.4. Growing Need to Control Food Wastage
3.2.1. Stringent Regulations Concerning the Use of Protective Cultures
3.2.2. High Price of Protective Cultures
3.2.3. Lack of Consumer Awareness
3.3.1. Emerging Markets: New Growth Frontiers
3.3.2. Growth Prospects for Untapped Industrial Applications
4. Executive Summary
5. Protective Cultures Market, By Product Form
6. Protective Cultures Market, By Target Microorganism
6.1. Yeasts & Molds
7. Protective Cultures Market, By Composition
7.3. Multi-Strain Mixed
8. Protective Cultures Market, By Application
8.1. Dairy & Dairy Products
8.1.2. Fermented Milk Products
8.1.3. Butter and Spreads
8.2. Meat & Poultry Products
9. Protective Cultures Market, By Region
9.1. North America
9.2.7. Rest of Europe
9.3. Asia Pacific
9.3.4. Australia & New Zealand
9.3.5. Rest of Asia Pacific
9.4. South America
9.4.3. Rest of South America
9.5. Rest of the World
9.5.1. Middle East
10. Company Profiles
10.1. Chr. Hansen
10.4. Sacco S.R.L
10.5. CSK Food Enrichment B.V.
10.6. THT S.A
10.7. Meat Cracks Technologie GmbH
10.8. Dalton Biotechnologies S.R.L
10.10. Biochem S.R.L
10.11. Aristomenis D. Phikas & Co S.A
10.12. Soyuzsnab Group of Companies
11. Conclusion and Recommendations
12.2. Related Reports