The sonar system market is projected to grow at a CAGR 5.97% rate from 2021 to 2026. The major factors driving the growth of the market are the increasing global seaborne trade activities, growing requirement of ship owners to comply with the maritime safety norms, and flourishing maritime tourism sector.
The defense segment of the sonar system market is projected to grow at a higher CAGR than the commercial segment from 2021 to 2026. The growth will due to the increased demand for different types of ships by naval forces of different countries. Moreover, the increasing demand for equipping naval ships with updated Anti-submarine Warfare (ASW) systems is expected to drive the growth of the defense segment of the market.
The retrofit segment of the sonar system market is projected to grow at a higher CAGR. Increasing demand for retrofitting in existing commercial vessels from the European and Asia Pacific regions is expected to drive the growth of the retrofit segment of the sonar system market during the forecast period.
The increased demand for autonomous ships and cruise ships in the European region are reasons for the Europe sonar system market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR by 2026.
Key market players include Raytheon (US), Lockheed Martin (US), Thales (France), Kongsberg Gruppen (Norway), Ultra Electronics (UK), L3 (US), Teledyne (US), Sonardyne (UK), Atlas Elektronik (Germany), Furuno (Japan), Navico (Norway), Japan Radio (JRC) Co. Ltd. (Japan), DSIT (Israel), EdgeTech (US), and Aselsan (Turkey), among others.
Key questions addressed by the report
- What is the growth perspective of the sonar system market? What are the key dynamics and trends that govern the market?
- What are the key sustainability strategies adopted by leading players operating in the sonar system market?
- What are the new emerging technologies and use cases disrupting the marine industry?
- Which are the key applications, wherein synthetic aperture sonars play a significant role?
- What are the key trends and opportunities in the sonar system market across different regions and their respective countries?
- Who are the key players and innovators in the partnership ecosystem of the sonar system market?
- How is the competitive landscape changing in the client ecosystem and impacting revenue shares of clients?
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Study Scope
1.3. Study Period
1.4. Market Stakeholders
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Secondary Research
2.2. Primary Research
2.3. Research Design
2.4. Data Validation
2.5. Limitations and Assumptions
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1.Increase in the Number of Sonar Programs for Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) Techniques
4.1.2.Rising Demand for Sonobouy for Tactical Defense Operations
4.1.3.Growing Demand for Fisheries
4.1.4.Increasing Demand for High-Resolution Imaging for Seabed Mapping
4.1.5.Advancements in Active Sonar Technologies
4.2.1.Growing Need for Cost-Effective Sonar Systems for Anti-Submarine Warfare
4.2.2.Increase in Defense Spending
4.2.3.Increase in Demand for Unmanned Underwater Vehicles
4.3.1.Complex Training Involved in Building Anti-Submarine Warfare Capability
5. Sonar System Market, By Application
5.1.4.Mine detection and countermeasure systems
5.1.5.Search and rescue
6. Sonar System Market, By Installation
6.4. Unmanned Underwater Vehicles
7. Sonar System Market, By Mode of Operation
8. Sonar System Market, By Product Type
8.1. Hull-Mounted Sonar
8.1.1.Forward looking SONAR
8.1.2.Omni directional SONAR
8.2. Stern-Mounted SONAR
8.2.1.Variable depth SONAR
8.2.2.Towed array SONAR
8.3. Dipping Sonar
9. Sonar System Market, By Solution
10. Sonar System Market, By End User
10.1. Line Fit
11. Sonar System Market, By Platform
11.1. Ship Type
126.96.36.199. Bulk carrier
188.8.131.52. Gas tanker
184.108.40.206. Passenger cruise
220.127.116.11. Dry cargo
18.104.22.168.2. General cargo
22.214.171.124. Aircraft carriers
126.96.36.199. Offshore patrol vessels
188.8.131.52.1. Driver detection system
11.2.2. Dipping sonars
12. Sonar System Market, By Region
12.1. North America
12.2.6. Rest of Europe
12.3. Asia Pacific
12.3.4. South Korea
12.3.5. Rest of APAC
12.3.6. Middle East
12.3.7. Latin America
13. Company Profiles
13.2. Lockheed Martin
13.4. Kongsberg Gruppen
13.5. Ultra Electronics
13.9. Atlas Elektronik
13.12. Japan Radio (JRC) Co., Ltd.
*Company introduction, financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis
14. Conclusion and Recommendations
15.2. Related Reports