The usage of specialty yeast is increasing, owing to the growing awareness about its nutritional benefits. Specialty yeasts, such as yeast extracts, are emerging as cost-cutting culinary and functional ingredients. The specialty yeast industry exhibits considerable progress, owing to the growth in the convenience food & beverage industry and emerging non-food applications. Factors such as urbanization, changing lifestyle, the increase in demand for convenience products, and consumer preference toward natural food ingredient are driving the Asia Pacific market.
The yeast extract segment is projected to dominate the specialty yeast market during the forecast period. High availability and increasing application in the food & beverage industry has led to a surge in the demand for yeast extracts in the market. Europe dominates the market due to increasing demand for specialty yeast from bakery and alcohol industry.
The Saccharomyces cerevisiae segment is projected to dominate the species of specialty yeast market during the forecast period. Saccharomyces cerevisiae is one of the most commonly utilized species of yeast since it is robust and can withstand stressful conditions. Due to the growing demand for peppery & spicy flavors, Saccharomyces cerevisiae finds use in various applications in the food industry. Within the beverage industry, it is used in the fermentation of wine and ethanol.
The increased demand for fermented products in countries such as China and India are expected to drive the market for specialty yeast in Asia Pacific. The food & beverage industry in the Asia Pacific region is growing due to factors such as the growing demand for dairy products such as cheese and yogurt along with the growth in the market for plant-based alternatives and traditional fermented products. Some of the major trends witnessed in the Asia Pacific region include increasing awareness about health & wellness and the growing demand for products that are natural, pure, and fresh, due to which fermented flavors such as kimchi and kombucha are gaining popularity.
Key market players include Associated British Foods (UK), Angel Yeast (China), Lallemand (Canada), Lesaffre (France), and Chr. Hansen (France).
Key Questions Addressed by the Report
· What are the new application areas for specialty yeast that companies are exploring?
· Which are the key players in the specialty yeast market and how intense is the competition?
· What kind of competitors and stakeholders would be interested in this market? What will be their go-to-market strategy, and which emerging market will be of significant interest?
· How are the current R&D activities and M&A’s in the specialty yeast market projected to create a disrupting environment in the coming years?
· What will be the level of impact of new product launches on the revenues of stakeholders, due to the benefits offered by specialty yeast‒‒from rising revenue, environmental regulatory compliance, to sustainable profits for the suppliers?
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Study Scope
1.3. Study Period
1.4. Market Stakeholders
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Secondary Research
2.2. Primary Research
2.3. Research Design
2.4. Data Validation
2.5. Limitations and Assumptions
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1. Research & Development Driving Innovation
3.1.2. Increase in Demand for Specialty Yeast Ingredients in Food & Beverage Application
3.1.3. Increase in Demand for Bio-Ethanol as A Fuel
3.2.1. Stringent Food Safety Regulations
3.2.2. Competition for Basic Raw Materials
3.2.3. Commercialization of Duplicate & Low-Quality Products
3.3.1. Growth in Demand for Clean Label Products in Developed Countries
3.3.2. New Variants of Specialty Yeast Ingredients for Improved Functionality
3.3.3. Yeast as A Promising Protein Source in Feed Products
4. Executive Summary
5. Specialty Yeast Market, By Type
5.1. Yeast Extracts
5.2. Yeast Autolysate
5.3. Yeast Beta-Glucan
5.4. Other Yeast Derivatives
6. Specialty Yeast Market, By Species
6.1. Saccharomyces Cerevisiae
6.2. Pichia Pastoris
7. Specialty Yeast Market, By Application
7.1.3. Functional Food
8. Specialty Yeast Market, By Region
8.1. North America
8.2.6. Rest of Europe
8.3. Asia Pacific
8.3.4. Australia & New Zealand
8.3.5. Rest of Asia Pacific
8.4. Rest of the World
8.4.1. South America
8.4.2. Middle East & Africa
9. Company Profile
9.1. Associated British Foods
9.2. Archer Daniels Midland
9.4. Chr. Hansen
9.5. Koninklijke DSM N.V
9.8. Angel Yeast
9.11. Kemin Industries
9.13. Synergy Flavors
9.14. Nutreco N.V
10. Conclusion and Recommendations
11.2. Related Reports