The terminal tractor market is projected to grow at a CAGR 3.87% rate during the forecast period. The shifting focus to port terminal automation, rising demand for electric and hybrid equipment for lower emissions and fuel consumption, and increased demand in Asia Pacific are expected to drive the market for terminal tractor during the forecast period.
Diesel powered terminal tractor is estimated to be the largest segment. The diesel based terminal tractor is expected to hold the largest market share in 2019 due to the efficient power delivery, low fuel costs, and inadequate/insufficient electric infrastructure at small and medium terminals. Also, the stringent emission regulations for NOx, PM, and CO2 by the US EPA and European Union have prompted equipment manufacturers to offer fuel-efficient equipment with lower emissions.
Automated terminal tractor is projected to be the fastest growing segment. The growing demand for automation at port terminals across the globe is one of the key reasons for the growth of this market segment. These tractors are capable of picking up, placing, and stacking containers automatically leading to increased productivity and container throughput.
Europe is estimated to be the largest market over the forecast period. The robust economies of European countries such as Germany, the UK, and Spain, along with the presence of leading manufacturers for terminal tractor. Konecranes, Kalmar, MAFI, CVS Ferrari, and MOL CY are key manufacturers catering to the global market through dealer and distribution networks. Also, this region has a high adoption rate of automation technologies. Equipment with high automation levels increases productivity. This region is home to automated terminals such as the ECT Delta Port terminal (Netherlands) and the HHLA CTA terminal (Germany). The number of automated terminals is expected to increase in this region further driving the growth of the terminal tractors.
Key market players include Kalmar (Finland), Konecranes (Finland), Hyster (US), Sany (China), CVS Ferrari (Italy), and Hoist Liftruck (US).
Key Questions Addressed by the Report
- What could be the trend for automated market in the future?
- How are the industry players addressing the challenge of maintaining a balance between performance and cost electric terminal tractors?
- Which axle type will lead the market for terminal tractor in near future?
- The report will help the market leaders and new entrants in this market by providing them the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall global market and the sub-segments.
- This report will help stakeholders to better understand the competitor landscape and gain more insights to better position their businesses and make suitable go-to-market strategies.
- The report also helps the stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
2. Research Methodology
Limitation and Assumptions
3. Executive Overview
4. Market Overview
5. Terminal Tractor Market, By Application
Oil & Gas
6. Terminal Tractor Market, Logistics By Industry
Food & Beverages
Inland Waterways & Marine Service
7. Terminal Tractor Market, By Tonnage
Less than 50 Ton
50 €“100 Ton
More than 100 Ton
8. Terminal Tractor Market, By Propulsion Type
9. Terminal Tractor Market, By Axle
10. Terminal Tractor Market, By Type
11. Terminal Tractor Market, By Region
Rest of Europe
Rest of APAC
Rest of Middle East
Rest of the World
12. Company Profiles