The global vehicle access control market is projected to grow at a CAGR 9.78% rate during the forecast period. The rising concern towards vehicle security, growing production of PCs and LCVs, and the increasing demand for electric vehicle have led to the growth of the market. Premium car models would provide another sustainable and profitable revenue stream in the future for vehicle access based biometric systems in automotive industry.
Light commercial vehicle is expected to emerge as the fastest market. Safety features like alarms, immobilizers, and central locking are now added as a standard attribute by OEMs in the developed countries. The continuous increase in the demand for LCVs in countries such as the US, Germany, France, and the UK are attributing to the growth of this market for LCVs. Moreover, a shift in consumer preference is fueling market growth. Additionally, the sales of LCV is continually increasing in many countries, which will boost demand.
Non-biometric system is expected to lead the market. The system uses automotive sensors, which are a reliable and less costly technology. These sensors are relatively simple and used in applications like keyless entry, allowing OEMs to adopt such features in almost all premium models, easily. This trend for safety features with reliability is expected to boost the market.
North America is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period. An increasing number of vehicle theft incidents will drive the demand for advanced security features like keyless entry and electronic immobilizers. Vehicle theft instances have grown significantly in the US. According to the National Insurance Crime Bureau, USD 6 billion was lost due to vehicle thefts in the US. Therefore, OEMs are adding new features like stolen vehicle assist and electronic immobilizers for better vehicle safety and security.
Key Market Players include Denso Corporation (Japan), Valeo (France), Continental AG (Germany), Robert Bosch (Germany), and Nuance Communication (US).
· Where will biometric access take the industry in the long term? What will be the growth of the biometric and non-biometric based vehicle access control systems?
· How will the biometric access control market cope with the challenge of the high cost of implementation?
· What is the impact of phone-based vehicle access system on the market?
· What are the upcoming trends in vehicle access technology? What impact would they make post 2020?
· What are the key strategies adopted by the top players to increase their revenue?
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Study Scope
1.3. Study Period
1.4. Market Stakeholders
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Secondary Research
2.2. Primary Research
2.3. Research Design
2.4. Data Validation
2.5. Limitations and Assumptions
3. Market Dynamics
4. Executive Summary
5. Vehicle Access Control Market, By System Type
5.1. Biometric System
5.2. Non-Biometric System
6. Vehicle Access Control Market, By Biometric System
6.1. Face Recognition System
6.2. Fingerprint Recognition System
6.3. Iris Recognition System
6.4. Voice Recognition System
7. Vehicle Access Control Market, By Non-Biometric System
7.1. Keyless Entry
7.2. Stolen Vehicle Assist
7.4. Electronic Immobilizer
7.5. Steering Wheel Lock
8. Vehicle Access Control Market, By Technology
9. Vehicle Access Control Market, By Vehicle Type
9.1. Passenger Car
9.2. Light Commercial Vehicle
9.3. Heavy Commercial Vehicle
10. Vehicle Access Control Market, By Electric Vehicle
10.1. Battery Electric Vehicle
10.2. Hybrid Electric Vehicle
10.3. Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle
10.4. Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle
11. Vehicle Access Control Market, By Region
11.1. Asia Pacific
11.1.4. South Korea
11.3. North America
11.4. Rest of the World
12. Company Profiles
12.1. Denso Corporation
12.3. Continental AG
12.4. Robert Bosch
12.5. Mitsubishi Electric
12.6. Johnson Electric
12.7. Lear Corporation
12.8. Naunce Communication
12.9. Synaptics Incorporated
12.10. Fingerprint Cards AB
12.11. Voxx International
12.12. Methode Electronics
12.13. Tokai Rika
12.14. U-Shin Ltd
*Company introduction, financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis
13. Conclusion and Recommendations
14.2. Related Reports