India Connected Car Market
SKU ID :
No. of pages:
The India connected car market is projected to grow at a CAGR 21.48% rate during the forecast period. Some of the major growth drivers are increase in connected features offered by automobile manufacturers in economy models and government mandates regarding connected technology in passenger cars.
Embedded segment is expected to be the largest as well as the fastest segment in the market. One of the key drivers for the embedded form segment is the increase in demand for infotainment and navigation services in India. The government has also started implementing mandates for connected services. For instance, the India government has mandated connected features for public transport vehicles under AIS-140. The mandate was regulated and enforced from April 2018 and is expected to be a crucial factor for the integration of connected technologies in passenger cars in the coming years. This has been done for the development of an intelligent transportation system (ITS), which is a key feature for a smart city. Hence, the embedded form segment would be driven by government initiatives and regulations.
Cellular segment is expected to dominate the market. Owing to the increase in connected features offered by automobile manufacturers in economy models and government mandates regarding connected technology in passenger cars, the cellular segment is likely to witness exponential growth in the near future. Also, gradual growth in such features in buses, trucks, and LCVs has further inflated the growth of this segment during the forecast period.
Sensor is estimated to be the fastest market during the forecast period. With increasing initiatives by several governments to implement an intelligent transport system, OEMs and Tier I suppliers are manufacturing smart antennas to meet the requirement of connected car services. Sensors act as eyes of the vehicle and help monitor the distance from ahead, behind, or the sides of the vehicle and provide vital data for control console.
Key Market Players include Bosch (Germany), Harman (US), Denso (Japan), NXP (Netherlands), Garmin (US), UNO Minda (India), and Delphi (UK).
- How will the trend of connected cars in India shape the automotive software market in the long term?
- How will the implementation of emission norms and increasing adoption of EVs impact the market?
- What changes can be expected in the connected car technology owing to increase in cybersecurity threats?
- How can automotive software developers cater to the demand for advance technologies to integrate ADAS features in the vehicles?
- What are the key strategies adopted by the leading players in this market?
2. Research Methodology
Limitation and Assumptions
3. Executive Overview
4. Market Overview
5. India Connected Car Market, By Application
6. India Connected Car Market, By Connectivity Technology
Dedicated Short Range Communication
7. India Connected Car Market, By Connectivity Form Factor
8. India Connected Car Market, By Platform
9. India Connected Car Market, By Hardware
Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
10. India Connected Car Market, By Region
Rest of Europe
Rest of APAC
Rest of Middle East
Rest of the World
11. Company Profiles
Buy Chapters or Sections
Avail customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs:
- Buy sections of this report
- Buy country level reports
- Request for historical data
- Request discounts available for Start-Ups & Universities
Why Choose Us
- 24/5 Research support
Get your queries resolved from an industry expert.
- Custom research service
Design an exclusive study to serve your research needs.
- Quality assurance
A testimonial for service in the form of BBB “A” Accreditation.
- Information security
Your personal and confidential information is safe and secure.
Key Topic Covered
Team User, Single User, Enterprise Access