Sliding Bearing Market
SKU ID :
No. of pages:
The sliding bearing market for railways is projected to grow at a CAGR 5.87% rate during the forecast period. The market is primarily driven by the increasing demand for high efficiency, rising railway development projects, and the increasing demand for light rail & metros due to growing urbanization.
Radial type is expected to be the largest segment. The radial sliding bearing finds application in most of the systems/components such as engines, wheelsets, stabilizers, suspension system, and doors. Radial plain bearings contributed maximum share owing to their advantages such as their capability of handling heavy radial & axial loads, lubrication-free, resistance to abrasion & contamination, low cost, longer life span, and superior performance.
Bogie segment is estimated to be the largest segment. A single bogie consists of various components such as wheelset, stabilizer, bolster, dampers, swing links, and tilting mechanisms. Altogether a single bogie has 10-12 units of sliding bearings, and as the bogie is a basic requirement for all locomotives, EMUs, DMUs, coaches, wagons, metros, and high-speed trains, the demand for sliding bearing would be more in this application.
Metallic type segment is estimated to hold the maximum share. The metallic sliding bearing segment is expected to lead the market during the review period as metallic bearings can bear high load and withstand high temperature. It is used in the critical application areas like engine components such as crankshaft, connecting rod, cam shaft, and valves (inlet and exhaust); wheelsets; and some exterior components.
Asia Pacific is expected to account for the largest market share during the forecast period. Asia Pacific is projected to lead the market during the forecast period due to its higher demand for railways compared with other regions such as Europe and the Americas.
Key Market Players include Schaeffler (Germany), SKF (Sweden), NTN Corporation (Japan), MinebeaMitsumi (Japan), Timken (US), GGB Bearing (US), and THK (Japan).
Key questions addressed by the report
- Our study suggests that Asia Pacific is the largest market for sliding bearing. What is the market size of the global market in 2019, by region? What would be the regional growth rate for the next eight years?
- Which are the major components for each application, and how many units of plain bearings for those system/components under each application for different railway types?
- Which types of plain bearing have major demand in different railway types? What is the size of the global market in 2019, by bearing type? What would be the regional growth rate for the next eight years?
- What is the market trend of sliding bearing in different railway types? What are the upcoming regulatory changes, and market trends would impact the market? What would be the regional growth rate for the next eight years?
- What is the average selling price of different components considered under the study, and what are the pricing trends of these components?
- Market Definition
- Study Scope
- Study Period
- Market Stakeholders
- Research Methodology
- Secondary Research
- Primary Research
- Research Design
- Data Validation
- Limitations and Assumptions
- Market Dynamics
- High Efficiency, Reliability, and Cost Effectiveness
- Increasing Railway Infrastructure Investments and Supply Contracts
- Volatility of Raw Material Prices
- Rising Demand for Hybrid & Autonomous Trains Technology
- Increasing Usage of Non-Metallic Sliding Bearings
- Executive Summary
- Sliding Bearing Market for Railway, By Application
- Sliding Bearing Market for Railway, By Bearing Type
- Angular Contact
- Sliding Bearing Market for Railway, By Material
- Sliding Bearing Market for Railway, By Railway Type
- Diesel Multiple Unit (DMU)
- Electric Multiple Unit (EMU)
- Light Rail & Metro
- High-Speed Train
- Sliding Bearing Market for Railway, By Region
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Company Profiles
- NTN Corporation
- GGB Bearing (Enpro Industries)
- Fujian Longxi Bearing
- RBC Bearings
*Company introduction, financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis
- Conclusion and Recommendations
- Related Reports
Buy Chapters or Sections
Avail customized purchase options to meet your exact research needs:
- Buy sections of this report
- Buy country level reports
- Request for historical data
- Request discounts available for Start-Ups & Universities
Why Choose Us
- 24/5 Research support
Get your queries resolved from an industry expert.
- Custom research service
Design an exclusive study to serve your research needs.
- Quality assurance
A testimonial for service in the form of BBB “A” Accreditation.
- Information security
Your personal and confidential information is safe and secure.
Key Topic Covered
Team User, Single User, Enterprise Access